Monday, April 5

Four, five or six reasons

It's my birthday today and as much as I should rock it like 1999 like Jr says,am gon sleep it out. Probably hit the beach, a good meal, see a few people and just turn in a lil early. It's possible you doubting Thomases! I got a few convincing reasons why this might be the way to go.

It's Thursday and I've done a honest weeks job. Order my ugali and fish, attack this beauty real good, full tummy and light me a cancer stick. I had settled for a late lunch coz I wasn't planning on going back to the office. One of my colleagues has invited me for a lethal one.

Let's back it up a little. Football mania or as the faithful like to call it, WENGERBALL! Wednesday night, where due to unpredictability of these 22 wizards, you got to ensure the brain is on a slowdown. To protect yourself from a heart attack -we ain't Makmende- which is more or less expected from the faithfuls. It's the Emirates and the Blaugrana are tearing the gunners apart. A shot of vodka helps a lot in these situations.
Let's go back a lil further. Just so you know, I supported the Red devils on that fateful night for more unconventional reasons. A lil liquor goes a long way in those 94-97 mins. Even though only around 21 mins matter in the game, the build up is also worth the liquor but the few moments of brilliance can totally knock you the fuck out. Slow down your brain and your heart I repeat, slow down these vital organs if you plan on seing your grandkids. That's always being a legitimate reason for a warm Tusker. The liver survived, the wallet sighed but hey, we still living.

Fast forward to Thursday, I walk in at the White House at around 3:00. My man is got nymhs in twain. He's got to impress his ladies and am the pawn. Recipe for trouble, the liver is about to get a beatdown. Again. "Juma, Tusker moto". Let's say that the phrase was a lil overused.

You do know we club hop on waterways by now. I take me a boat and am back to the island. Hit the police canteen for a few with another of my workmates. Word on the grapevine, Easter party is on the offing. Let's check it out. Hit a few,lights out ,now whose got a generator? A few weeks back, I helped out this kid and he's planning to return the favor. Let's hook up at Petleys inn. The kid is alright but's one hell of a liar, no offense but lazima atokwe! It's late anyway and one is got to turn in.

It's Friday!! Good Friday to be precise. My boss thinks I deserve a drink for being such a good sport. White House at 2:00 for Mbuzi. Free alcohol is not good for you. You gotta run for your livers' sake. So I run after a few alcohol intense hours and hit the island at around 6:30. Still no lights? Petleys inn it is. Let's see how the third floor gon rock. Two of my new found friends come in and we got a crowd. Down a few and then, 'Dida'. She a hot one. Two or a few down the line, the rest ain't publication material.


On Saturday, I blame KPLC for my woes. I have to charge my phone you know, I hit the office a lil early so I can be back to catch the game in a community hall. Sober. You can trust my boss to have other ideas. Apparently, there is a few places I've not hit. Let's go exploring. 11:00 in Hunters pub, a place called Hindi. Now this dude Gitau knows how a Mbuzi should be prepared. We full now, the tank is empty. Clarification: I really wanted to watch the showdown at Old Trafford.Fast forward to 19:00, am not sure if we disguised in liquor or sobriety.

Lesson learnt: Always designate a driver.
Two hours later, no boats to the Island and I got to crash at my bosses place.


We should cultivate a church going culture. If I attend church on a regular basis, I'd have being in church at 11:00 instead of white house. We've being invited for lunch and you don't turn down an offer that includes ingoho-if that's the spelling-. These offers normally include a washing it down the throat ceremony. By this point in time, there is being sighted a few drops of blood in your alcohol system. Don't get it twisted. I enjoyed every drop of it, so am not complaining. My wallet is, and my liver a lil. How many reasons have I cited.


It's Monday, a special one for that matter. Easter Monday / My Birthday. A lil history about this day, 25 years ago on this day it was a Friday. I've never not rocked on this day even if it meant blowing the fees. But today am giving myself the gift of sobriety . Hit the beach, a good meal, maybe talk to Mary Jane and turn in by 21:00. Happy Birthday to the Special one and Happy Easter to ya'll.
Jr, I win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment