Sunday, March 28

Going away

Am on a bus heading to the coast sitting with a not so interesting dude plus he's got dreads and looks like he's gon steal from and give me the face. Sleep ain't coming soon so I got to sit it out and maybe pen down some of my thoughts.

The music is good, it's Country, Kenny Rodgers to be precise.

It's being a while since my last visit to the big city and as weird as it seems, I did miss the traffic. Not so weird considering where am headed to right now, Lamu. Am actually shocked that culture shock didn't ice my balls or at least a good smack across my face. I kinda had a theory that culture shock is a creation of people afraid of change. Am yet to be proven otherwise so I guess my theory still stands, at least for now.

Anyway, I was talking about my few days in the city. It's being great I must admit but I didn't get to meet as many people as I wanted to. That's on me considering am an accountant by profession, you would think time management would be a piece of cake. I can blame me and factor in a few extra hurdles, like I know a lil too many people, alcohol availability (burnt a few grand on that too) , and the fact that I only had two weekends to see everyone. Come to think of it, am actually good with time management. I gotta take the good though, like my niece is gon be causing ripples in about 16 years. That lil goddess will be making balls itch and mummy and daddy will have to get used to sleepless nights. She's hot but I should know, it runs in the family. I ain't being cocky but look at me, it's in the genes.

Yeah, Nairobi has not changed much. Same ol' same ol',you sleep you don't eat. Drinking sprees and all but we have a new star on the uniform. Beautiful women dancing on the tables at the local,and making out!! That's just hot! Considering I didn't know this side of these hotties, it's safe to say they really tickled my balls. If you're reading this,BIG UP to ya!

Had a sit down with my pops too. If this man knew how workable his solutions are, he could make a milli out of talking. On the other hand, if he shared his wisdom and sound advice with every Tom, Dick and Harry, we wouldn't stand out from the rest. Plus he wraps it with a lil humor before serving it! Dope me peeps, DOPE!!
Homz rocking like stone ain't changed a bit. Maybe the means changed but the end remains. Down at the house of swag aka The place,aka the sitting room. That's a really cool place to hang if you ask me.
One of the most important man in my life assured me of his support on everything I do. Top that with some pointers and we've got a winner. Considering he lived in Lamu at some point, I'd say U. Matindi just hit it right.

Lets wrap it up and say, family and friends are the reason why I want to make it. Their support is my drive, and their abscence is my weakness. Being in this far away land makes me miss them and I don't want to do it for nothing. I wanna make them proud and not miss em too much.

It's going to be a while now, but the few days are gon do for now. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment