Friday, July 1

Am the one


Before me there was many
After me there will be none
Am the one 

That's Jay'z flow in "Guilty Until Proven Innocent", and maybe a life of a stranger I’ll one day call me, my friend or someone I know or not. Like Barrack Obama, the first black us president, Osama bin laden, the first universal fear of all Americans and other white people. Come to think of it.....aaaaaahh forget it.... Off firsts and onlys





(...Once the sun goes down
Summer love *2
aint always gonna be around
aint always gonna be around
aint always gonna be
So I write our days down
Because summer love
aint always gonna be around
aint always gonna be around
aint always gonna beas the sun goes down
....)

That's summer love by Denique, I love that song probably coz I live summer all year...hehehehe, I know you're the jealous type... ,yes all summer year everyday, lovely, just lovely. Anyway, "am the one" moments, are in the lines of the first ever woman, Lillith even though Eve took all the credit, but not to worry coz even that telephone guy took some other guys’ moment too (heard he was French too). The first man Adam, The first black man to win a major golf trophy Tiger Woods, Stone Cold Steve Austin, first universally loved superstar, Shawn Michaels had a few haters(even Indians closed shop when Stone Cold took over the ring). These are all "am the one" moments that Jay-Z was talking about but my aim ain't that high.

Am pretty sure that by now 20 s'thing years down the line that I've lived, I've had a few "am the one" moments on someone, moments that even though I don't know of their existence, most of them at least, someone else does. I am okay with impressing one person at a time than the whole world at once. I think of it this way, if I walked in Lionel Messis' shoes, rather played in them, during that precise moment when he picked that ball and the whole of Manchester united players were moving to that new Party Rock Anthem shuffle, and swayed that ball to a rising world in respect to the best footballer in the world, you would make them weep. Cry like their mothers when they first heard them cry or saw them smile for the first time kind. But if you could make one persons world rise in such kind of awe, you would be the most fulfilled man in the world. For firstborn sons, the first day your father saw his first born son and his world was reset. From the adjacent local den imbibing some illegal brew, staggering to settle the maternity bill and looked at your sorry but beautiful ass and for the first time in his adult life, stood straight, sobered up and honestly smiled. The day that he took a u-turn and walked with you to that huge house in Muthaiga. You have an ''am the one'' moment. For those who didn't get that lucky and their fathers tried the u-turn and staggered to a totally different path I do apologize but if those guys can aim lower than Jay-Z, we can beat them by going a step lower.

We've had a couple of flings and one somehow special thing that girls like to give l-words a lot, ''lusty dress'' they say in their minds, coz when they say lovely dress, in their heads they are screaming, ''god, i would sooooo love Sergent to tear this dress off of me'' I see it in all of the smiles, tongue biting, lip and finger licking little looks when they admire that dress, and ''lusty dress it is''. They say they have ever fallen in love. If you were that one man who walked and made that woman's mouth taste like bile, eyes rolling throwing up.......just kidding.......you made a young maiden of amazingly smooth skin and soft lips hug her pillow at night dreaming of nature recreating with all inputs supplied by yours truly, biting an apple from your mouth all ripe, almost as ripe as her breasts, hair dripping as she rises from the water, she takes you in every of her happy places. She wakes up with a smile every morning as you are the first thing she sees when the rays hit the walls and draw an image of you in her room. That is an 'am the one' of the moment. Whatever happened when you finally opened your mouth and crashed her dreams, you had a moment which is your own and yours alone and no one will ever take that away from you. Someone may come along and try to take it away by finally realizing her dreams, but you were the reason she had those dreams, you gave her the standard that she'll measure all other men who will come after you.

These are big moments for people but none of us know if we've had such moments, no one has a clue. If someone has ever made you feel like if God could grant you one wish, it would be to live this moment for life kind of moment, you could never find the words to explain it to them. If someone makes you feel like you are the most important person in the world for the first time in your life, that feeling sets a bar, and only one person can give you that feeling again, or maybe top it, a soul mate. It's a balance thing my research shows, equal of pros and cons. For soul mates, it's always 10 cons to 10 pros, 10 of the things you love the most about a person and 10 of the things you hate the most about them. When you hit it off whatever hits home first that’s what you'll always see and if pros win, you'll love her with all her flaws (they'll show up coz you stuck around to find out) but if the cons hits home first, you will never stand the site of her and you will never see all the beauty that is her (you never stuck around). For soul mates, it's never a thin line; it's an all out hate or deep into the cracks kind of love. Most of us compromise coz a 10 is rare, and in 10, only 2 accounts for beauty , so when I call you a 1.8, it means you are a nine. My scale is something like this

Beauty                                                  2
Elegance                                               1
Educated                                              1
Likes my friends                                   1 (especially Jnr, he's fragile)
Loves kids                                            1
Cooks well                                           1
Can dance                                            1
Can sing                                               1
Loves weed                                         1 

That list is from the most to the least important. I know at times my priorities do change but if in this lifetime, I will meet such a woman who has these qualities, her flaws will go unnoticed. I guess that's why we're politely advised that we should avoid meeting such people, as my friend Obiefuna* puts it ''atakunyia kwa meza na utapanguza''. Am hoping she won't get to doing that. If you have ever made a man feel this way, any man,  you are a woman blessed with an "am the one moment". Congratulations.

I do have a couple of things I hate the most about a woman, but you know me, I’d rather focus on the positive. It is common for me to dream of a beautiful woman in a nurses uniform singing in the kitchen, hips swaying to sounds of John Legend from her ipod, lighting a leaf after a good meal watching discovery channel since the kids are crashing at Jnrs’ place. I don’t know if it’s in Gods plans for me to meet such a being, but if I ever do, I hope it’s close to the beach. If I never do, I’ll compromise my list and go for a 9, and this time I don’t mean a 1.8, but a 9 on my list. However, the 9, which this time means a 1.8, would highly be appreciated.

I don't know if I have had such a moment but I do hope that before I kick the jug (we live in towns, people don't have buckets. I don't have a jug either so for me it's the neighbors jug when the day comes. At least he'll say he ever did something for Me.), I want to have given someone that feeling. I'll settle for an honest smile, goose bumps, or a simple swing of the hip to attract yours truly.

Goodnight ya'll

By the way Obiefuna* is Mutale’s nickname. The star was only meant to arouse you curiosity.
Something else, I have a friend who loves her Batman costumes and loves Robin too.

5 comments:

  1. Great observation on that Lionnel Messi goal and the soul mates thing but as a Man U fan and having noticed you're an Arse and Hole fan from the dedication somewhere in this blog, I taake it is a blow below the belt.
    The post is however great despite the Adrian confusing you a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude your blog juz like wine it gets better by the day. am also looking for a chick with similar features so u should avoid going to the same 'bashes'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I should make up my list of 10s' too and see if one of ya'll will wow me and give me those dreams I've had since Santa Barbaras' Cruz Castillo.
    Awesome post and the bit about kicking your neighbors jug just cracked me up. Great piece right there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huyo dame ako kitchen si ana haga supuuuuu!! WA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neighbors jug.........DEAD!!

    ReplyDelete