Friday, January 21

Members day

 Well, surprise, surprise, that's not my finger!! Had to say that today coz it's being a while since I lifted the finger, or just a finger. You see, I moved out from my old place to bliss city sometime back, the landlord had issues with my way of life, can't say why but I think these were probably personal reasons since I tried to do the deed with the daughter. I don't see anything wrong with that scenario because as a father, I would rather know that my daughter is giving it up to a responsible man. Yes, I consider myself very responsible since I stopped drinking the rent and started to save lil money to cater for a drink in case the mid-month knocks and am home.

So, it's Friday, and this qualifies as the day set aside by the world to indulge in all things sinful, aka members' day. I don't get the whole point of calling it members' day; it sounds like you have to register which is not exactly accurate. Then again, maybe we do, we just don't realize that we do. I know you are probably thinking, "where would this stupid moff come up with something like that?"

Be back in a minute, there is a conversation going on in my head

"Lay off the scotch and we will see you tomorrow"

"None, the beer should be open when SHE brings it!"

So where were we, yeah do we or don't we register at the local? Every Friday you do your everyday tired walk from the office but on this special day, you don't walk straight home. They call it unwinding after a tiring week (am actually laughing at that line coz most of these assholes just sit in the office all week giving orders) but it's one of the many reasons we give just to see a pretty face pouring some froth on that big mug. It's not wrong, my opinion, to find a reason to drink on a Friday but since it has being universally accepted as an "unwinding day" you shouldn't have to struggle coming up with an excuse.

And now they are making drinking look bad including giving it a diseases name. Alcohol intoxication disorder, more commonly known as binge drinking whose definition, keeps changing. Some define binge drinking as more than 7 drinks a night for men, and more than 5 for women while others definition of binge drinking is more than 4 standard drinks per night. A standard drink is however a relative term, which means if your definition of a standard drink is a bottle of vodka, well you can't really qualify as a binge drinker. Anyway, since drinking beer doesn't make you fat but rather makes you lean against bars, tables, chairs, and poles it rightfully deserves a day to be recognized.



NOTE: This was a hurriedly composed post since as a registered member of this day, am late for our weekly meeting at the local.

No comments:

Post a Comment